The 2017 Old Man Rock Classic on Sunday 17th September, will be Darwin Sailing Club’s Bart’s Bash event.
What is Bart’s Bash?
Bart’s Bash is when the world goes sailing… together. Officially the largest sailing even on the planet!
Bart’s Bash, launched in 2014, is the world’s largest sailing event that is run by sailing clubs, community sailing programmes, sail training centres, yacht clubs, scout groups, sea cadets and even groups of sailors, all around the world.
- A global sailing race taking place at 100s of venues, with 1000s of sailors in 100s of different classes of boat.
- Open to all sailing clubs, yacht clubs, scout groups etc Any venue globally can host a race
- Bart’s Bash gives the sailing community a united opportunity to remember Andrew 'Bart' Simpson, a double Olympic medallist who tragically lost his life whilst training for the America’s Cup in 2013
- The annual fundraising and participation campaign promoted by the Andrew Simpson Foundation (ASF)
- Each individual event is organised by a venue which is the organising authority for all activities at their site
- The Andrew Simpson Foundation has an Australian arm and board, overseeing sailing charity support here.
- The event was verified by Guinness World Records as ‘The Largest Sailing Race in the World’.
- Sailing venues around the world engaged with the campaign by agreeing to organise a sailing event during the Bart’s Bash period (16th- 17th September 2017)
How can I be involved?
Go to the Bart’s Bash website to register
Join us on water for the Old Man Rock race on September 17th.
Thanks for reading
What did you think? Pick your social network below and share.